Monday, April 19, 2010

Your Most Important Accessory to Your Favorite Dress

IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community

“You know it's a bad day when you put your bra on backwards and it fits better.” - author unknown

A gf of mine made a comment recently which inspired this post. Suchi muchi, I love this girl but her one innocent comment during some boob banter spoke the truth to so many women. She said something along the lines, "I spend hundreds on a dress but never go and buy the right bra." So true!!!! I’m not saying that my wardrobes are perfect, but one of my pet peeves is the ill fitting bra - that was me yesterday...I was so frustrated with my bra yesterday...couldn't get it to work with my one strap top and then hide the bra lines! I check the bra and boob situation in the mirror several times over!! Bra straps that show, wearing the wrong color, bra bridge sticks out, nipply under a sheer top or the back strap that shows on a low back dress.

It is sooooo very important to wear the right bra. Your bosom buddies will thank you for this little lesson. The right bra will not only be comfortable, but will give you that little umph in the cleavage, make you stand taller, make you look slimmer, offer better support and improve your shape. Plus, when wearing a stunning Marciano dress, no one wants to see bra straps, bra bridge, bra lines or a neon pink zebra print bra – a good bra fit will make your clothes look better!!

Here are what I think are a must in every Tashaan lingerie closet. They help me take my clothes to the next level….or shall I say to the next cup!

Beautiful You Breast Petals. They are great!!!! These are ideal for when you have something with a deep V or backless. They will prevent those awkward nipply moments with the AC turns on. Simply place over your nipples. They are easy to take off and come with a carrying case. Con: They do not offer any lift or umph.

Beautiful You Backless Strapless Bra. I’ve tried many backless, strapless bras and this is the best!! It has never fallen down – even after a night of dancing - and (with practice) gives great umph. Simply follow the directions on the box. I purchased mine at Target.

Very sexy VS bra – My favorite bra for everyday!! It’s Victoria Secret’s Very Sexy Bra…need I say more. Because they are so expensive, I usually purchase in simple colors so that I can wear them with white, beige or sheer fabrics.

Perfect Strap. Great for tops/dresses with a racerback or T-back design. It’s also very useful for adding extra umph or creating a better fitting bra - helps the straps and lifts the bra/cup.



Frilly, sexy little things. Not only do we feel a little sexy and naughty during the day, but they are great fun for your John Abraham (I wish) to take off at night....or go bra-less :D !! I think we all need a few of these to bring out our inner Bipasha.



BTW…if your wondering if you are wearing the right size, I generally get the ladies at Victoria Secret to help me find the right size when I feel uncomfortable in my bras. And, here’s a helpful article on how to find the right bra size: http://www.liv.com/right_bra.php

What are your favorite bras? Must have accessories? What does your man say about bras? Post on the blog or email me at desigirlhouston@gmail.com.

No comments: