Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The "IT" Accessory of Spring Summer 2010

IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community

I’ve gone back and forth about what my favorite accessory for spring/summer 2010 is. Hands down it’s the feather headband. I love it!!!

Headbands have been around since the days of Jackie O and Audrey Hepburn. Even Bollywood wasn’t spared in the 60s and 70s with tinseltown’s ladies were seen with a headband in jeans, salwaar kameez and saris. I still love the look of the poof or bump-it paired with a simple headband or scarf.

Just like everything else, the headband was re-created by adding feathers and crystals. It's the easiest way to complete an outfit: pair it with jeans and a t-shirt or with a dress. You can wear this to work or brunch with the gals or a Friday night date. This accessory truly pulls an outfit together and makes a strong Tashaan statement.

As you can see from the pictures below the options are endless. You can choose the elegance of the peacock feather (my personal favorite) or the uniqueness of the ostrich feathers; have it fall on your whole head or a skinny headband; or have it lay flat or swing in the air. Choose one that complements your hair colour, with vibrant colours and one that reflects your personality. (I could never pull off the red and black headband, but love the blue peacock feathers).

You can find my favorites at Bebe, Aldo Accessories or Icing by Claire's.











What’s your favorite accessory for this spring summer? Post here or email me at desigirlhouston@gmail.com

No comments: