Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tashaan is Out of Hibernation!!!

"Fashion fades—style is eternal."
- Yves Saint Laurent

Fashion trends change with season to season. Fashion can be bought at a department store, boutique, NYC, or the streets of Delhi and Amritsar. Fashion can be copied. Fashion follows the masses. But, style. Style is eternal. Style comes from within one's heart and soul. Style is unique and individual. Style is confidence in being different. Style transcends all trends and time.

I believe fashion and style are interrelated, but it is style that one carries when she walks out her door. It is the style, or Tashaan, that makes a woman stand out in a crowd and leaves onlookers wanting more of her, desiring her company.

First, let me thank everybody who have been reading my blog and have told your family and friends. It really means a lot!! I am certainly looking forward to hearing your thoughts, comments, reactions and ideas for future Tashaan postings.

Next, let me apologize for my little hiatus. Actually, I have been busy with studying and getting my Bootylicious booty kicked by the exams. It's all over now! And, I get to put my focus back on Tashaan, fashion, style and shopping!!

If you read below, you'll find two new entries. One focuses on guidelines that you can follow to help you dress for the holiday season. And the second, is on who teaches you about Tashaan. I have shared with you some of my favorite Tashaan desi ladies. And, I liked to hear who has taught you about Tashaan. You will also find some additions on my blog list. I recommend the Indian MakeUp Diva and the Science of Fashion.

As your reading, please share your thougths with me - good or bad, if I can dish it, I can take it as well. And, if you like what you're reading, then share my blog with others. Or, join my profile on Facebook (search Tashaan Houston). I want all desi women to learn that there is more to Tashaan than looks and designer clothes. It's about confidence, inner beauty, compassion and owning yourself.

Come back next week and look for entries on my latest Tashaan read (a fabulous book), Tashaan film, Tashaan basics and what a Tashaan desi girl takes with her on her weekend travels.

I hope you stay safe, enjoy the snow in Houston today and build on your ever beautiful Tashaan.

Tashaan Desi Girl

No comments: